Human ego:by danish farooq



Today I want to share a famous 'Aesop Story' I read in . -
   A fox gets up early in the morning as the sun is raising. She felt hungry and got out of her cave looking for food.As she came out she looked at her long and gigantic shadow projected by the morning sun.She thought,"My God,I am this big,I have to find a bull or even an elephant for my breakfast."In search of such a big prey, the time passed by.At noon the terribly hungry fox happened to see her shadow again.It has shrunken completely, just under her now.She sadly reflected"My God, I never thought that hunger can do that much.I used to be so big, look at me now..,if I can catch a rat it's enough for me".
    As I read again, an ultimate truth dawned :-
We all live with a much bloated ego like our fox,creating our own huge shadows, and we fear that this shadow may disappear.We pretend to be somebody else whom we desire to be.We can carry on with this pretext and play with it, fantasise with it, but ultimately nothing but frustration comes out of it. 
  One day the ego bubble will burst and our shrunken shadow will disappoint us.If we want to succeed in life it is imperative to do a self-introspection and understand  our real self.If we venture out to do a mission not in commensuration  with our capabilities, we are likely to be defeatists in life.
  My sincere advice to all my young friends, is that -" Please acquire the competencies required for the task at  hand, before you venture out to conquer it."

- 🖋️Danish farooq

Comments

Popular Posts